04 February 2014

Valentines day is right around the corner!! And if you're anything like me... that means nothing to you whatsoever. I mean, short of handing out Muppet Valentines ca. 1990 I've really never given the holiday much thought. Maybe it's my life-long battle with the color pink or non-chocolate desert preference, but really the holiday holds little appeal.

Having said that I do like the idea of celebrating loved ones - friends, family, significant others - so this year I'm spending February honoring the awesome folks in my life and making an effort to be more present in their lives, which includes having some ladies over for a little Valentines brunch. 

And that means decorations!! (Something I'm always on board with.) Keeping in mind the aforementioned anti-pink attitude we're doing this my way. Subtle, modern, geometric and lots of red. (Unless you're a pink Sasquatch Magnet, then you're welcome. Forever and ever.) 

As always, I turn to Etsy for homemade goodies. Here are some of my favorites:

































1. gypsya | Red Butterfly Pillow  | $29.00
2. PearsonMaron | Bigfoot Magnet Set - Pink + Red  | $19.00
3. WindandWillowHome | Wooden Salad Bowl 10" Red + White  | $48.00
4. pepperink | xo kiss hug wrist temporary tattoo | $5.00
5. shavingkitsupplies | Vintage Plastic Service Station Letters | $28.00
6. NewtonAndTheApple | Triceratops Valentine | $5.02
7. HalflightHoneyStudio | Handpainted Stoneware Bowl | $38.00
8. LOFTstudios | Burgundy Crosses Linen Napkin, Set of 4 | $48.00
9. theYarnKitchen | Felt succulent planter | $23.00


(And don't forget to check out the Devyn Box if you're also hosting a little Valentine get together!)

No comments:

Post a Comment